Friday 20 January 2017

Scrap Africa

I've been quiet for a couple of days as I went away to stay with a cousin who lives on the beach.
Took some time to recharge the batteries...........

But here now, and I've made this layout for Scrap Africa's sketch

My layout started with left over alphas.

After sticking them on cardstock I dribbled paint over them.
Using a brush, I spread the paint and added 2 random chipboard stickers to create some alignment.
When I saw Scrap Africa's sketch I realised their diagonal went the other way, but that doesn't matter.
Using offcuts from my Counterfeit Kit I layered according to their sketch.
My main piece was some vellum I had that co-ordinated with the background.
I misted(or rather dribbled) on the 2corners as in the sketch.
Some of my papers are torn rather than cut but that adds to the recycled look.

My photo is reasonably plain to balance all that background.
Meet Piff the Steiff mouse that I bought in Germany.
It was a gift for my daughter who loves rodents.

3 comments:

cinmfoster said...

Cute layout. What a great way to use leftover letters.
Cindy F.

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

I love your leftover letter background...very cute idea !! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa...Have a nice day...xoxo Heike

Оля Чикета \ Olya Chyketa said...

That is soooo cute! :)
Thank you for creating with us! Greetings from Scrap Africa!