Sunday 8 May 2016

Lessology with chalkboard

 photo Challenge-58-Chalkboard-Fun-Design-Team_zpsfbifrvfk.jpg
This is for Lessology

I have used MME layered chalkboard stckers on this layout plus, wait for it..........................................the stickers from my air conditioning control panel(upcycled items).
 I thought they resembled the NY sky scrapers.
They were spare ones that came with the installation and I asked the guy could I keep them.

My daughter and friend went on a lightening trip to New York last November. This is the selfie they sent me from Times square.
I went to town on this layout using lots of metallic elements plus enamel dots, arrows and a bingo card.
The background paper was wacky so I thought it needed lots of details.

 
I attended a scrapping marathon Friday night and all day Saturday.
This layout won a prize in a scavenger hunt contest.

7 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Don't know where to start.....LOVE that upcycling. Absolutely brilliant & perfect for the photo! That 'whacky' paper is really nice & I love how you added the chalkboard label.... the whole page is brill:) Thanks so much for joining us at LESSology - lovely to see you joining in! And lucky you going to a scrappy retreat:):)

yyam said...

It looks awesome. LOVE the upcycled stickers! Fun! Congrats on the win on the scavenger hunt!

Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

CG said...

What great upcycling, glad that someone else thinks lie I do! Beautiful project. Best, CG

Lisa said...

omg...so cool! So... just found out today we're going to have to replace the air conditioning in our house... but I'm not home.. so what are the chances my husband will save me some spare "parts"...lol! Love your layout!

Jimjams said...

Ha ha - has to be one of the most unusual items on a page EVER!
Love the page - one of my fave colour combos too!

sassyscrapper said...

You are the master of truly using scraps and bits of anything and everything! Wonderfully creative, Julene!

Mitralee said...

Can totally SEE WHY it won a prize! This is awesome! Great job on using up pieces that likely normally would have been thrown away by the air conditioning dude! Rock on! And thanks for playing along with us at LESSologY!