Monday 1 June 2015

June Counterfeit Kit in the South Pacific.

The kit I've chosen is South Pacific by Basic Grey.
Here are the papers
Tahiti
Polynesia
Cook Islands
Tonga
Fiji
Solomon Islands
New Caledonia
Papua New Guinea
Bora Bora
and the element stickers
Element Stickers
and the journaling cards


This will be the basis for my kit.
*************************************
The 4 colours lime, pink, turquoise & coral form my kit "PACIFIC TRAVELLER"
I will be scrapping my recent trip to Norfolk Island, which is in the South Pacific.

I've started with papers.
There are no pineapples nor large luggage labels, but I've tried to keep to a tropical theme.
There is however some BG papers there.

I've also added these extra papers which suited the theme
On the right of that picture is some paper doilies and 6x6 papers from Kaisers Lulu & Roy collection. There are also some tropical coloured strips of paper.

Next my embellishments, a random gathering of everything tropical and too many to list individually.
I started with the 3 tubes of paint then co-ordinated everything to match those.
I also re introduced my old atlas to get maps for my pages.

I also found these old stamps from my childhood.
There's a rooster, hen, palm tree, cows and horses.
I've used the palm trees to make this page for my kit as I had no pineapples.It bent as I was lifting it but that will be covered on a layout. Note the matching card.


I've made my own journaling cards this month.
More about that on the 4th.

Now the order of the blog hop.
Welcome to our guest DT Emma. Who can scrap up a storm.

June 1st Blog Hop Order: 








Julene:  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com ***(that's me!)


As you can see I'm last this month, so go back to the beginning then follow the hops until you reach me. Well that's all for this month. I'm going to make a hot cuppa now as it is mid winter here and quite cold.





13 comments:

Janine Rachau said...

Nice tropical themed mega kit! I think you have put together a magnificent collection from your stash to create some marvelous projects! Your table of embellishments looks like so much fun! I'm looking forward to your pages!

Susanne said...

Love it - I am really liking the color scheme and embellishments here. Enjoy!

Isbaha said...

Nice kit!

Sharon said...

Like the tropical kit idea. Can't wait to see what you make with your kit.

Margie said...

Soft and pretty, makes me long for the beach!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Here's hoping your tropical themed kit warms your winter!
Clever of you to make the palm tree paper - I love those kind of forgeries.
Looks like you will have a fun month of scrapping, perhaps some beach vacation photos?

cinmfoster said...

Awesome kit. Love the recreation with the stamp. Looking forward to seeing your forgeries and your projects.
Cindy F

Lisa said...

A hot tropical kit is the perfect antidote for a cold winter's day no doubt! A kit full of scrummy looking funky products and the colours you've picked are just perfect for the original kit!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful choice and you counterfeited pretty darn cool! I can feel the warm breezes here in the trees :) Love the embellishments and looking for ward to see what you do with the paint. Wow what a cool day for a blog hop!

sassyscrapper said...

Well, this inspiration was tailor made for your trip! Can't wait to see your creations. Great use of that palm tree stamp and how cool that you have some rubber stamps included from your childhood. Once a crafter...always a crafter!

Susan said...

The perfect collection choice for your trip! I like how you choice the paints first and then built your embellishments around them, and I'm sure the atlas will be put to great use too. Have fun using up your kit!

mandysea said...

Isnt that BG kit gorgeous! You've really captured the feel of it. We need a bit of the tropics right now!!! love seeing your thought process, great idea to get out the paint colours first!

Dawnree said...

What a fun, large kit, I love your mix of old and new!