Saturday 3 January 2015

New York at Stitches in Thyme.

I finally have finished scrapping my Canada and Alaska photos and are now moving on to my daughter's trip to Washington and New York.
I'm making an album for her.

Stitches in Thyme #137 is this sketch


I really liked this sketch and created a layout using my Counterfeit Kit in teals and tans.
(Notice the teal ducks in the photo?)

I started by using some of those strips from the bottom of papers plus a Heidi Swapp butterfly strip and a clear checked pennant.
After doing my photos and title I added washi tape, Ruby Rock it droplets,a star paperclip, buttons, plus some items from October Afternoon Cherry hill shapes.

This boathouse featured in "When Harry met Sally" and "Sex and the City" movies.

and 2 close ups
 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You totally rocked the sketch! I love that movie and thanks for sharing that little movie trivia with us! Love your little droplets and washi....fun layout. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
Kim xXx

Trish said...

Great take on the sketch Julene HNY!

Janine Rachau said...

Great take! And, I love your color combo!

Laura said...

Love the bunting x

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet layout Julene :)This will be fun watching this album getting made and a sweet gift to give too

Michele said...

What a cool trivial layout. You did the sketch so well!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme! :)

Michele said...

^^^ Hi Julene!! It's supposed to say Trivia. Meaning the trivia behind the fun movie info. with the boathouses. Oh gosh... No way would I ever state otherwise. Scrap booking is such a special art and creative honor. This layout is fantastic.

Susanne said...

Nice, and you know I like the slanted top and bottom borders!

Virginia said...

Fab layout!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love how you subbed the enamel dots for ink/paint splatters in the original sketch - clever!

wendipooh13 said...

wow!!!! cool pics!! love your fun page!! thanks for playing along with SIT!!!!