Friday 19 December 2014

Stuck?! in Skagway and Scrap around the world.

Skagway, Alaska is a cold place even in summer.
Over 100 years ago gold was discovered on the Yukon and having done the rail trip I can understand the hardships they faced there.
Here is a view of Skagway


I have used the Stuck?! sketch


and based my colours on this mood board from Scrap around the world



The baby it's cold outside reminded me of these photos.
I'm inspred by the icicles and have used brown as another colour option based on the granny rug.
The train die cut colour can be related to the cupcakes base.

My background paper is Pebbles Aqua Florali.
The brown circles I bought in Alaska, same with the diecut.
I've used Buzz and Bloom chipboard hearts inked blue and lots of rhinestones to represent ice.
My red rhinestones are understated. I also inked with white over the word Skagway to give it an icy look.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous job Juline, love your sweet embellishing! thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Trish said...

Great take on the sketch Julene Merry Christmas to you and yours Trish

Sandy Ross said...

Lovely photos and your embellishing is perfect for a vacation layout! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Joefil said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Aurelie said...

Love those hearts! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

langeatheart said...

Lovely layout! Remember to add a link to our blog and that to be eligible for design team prizes you must visit their blogs and become a follower! All the best from SATW! :)

Rachael Funnell said...

This is an AWESOME layout... Thank you for playing along with Decembers moodboard over @ SATW! :)

Ania Komenda said...

Great story behing this layout and a great layout itself. Thanks for playing with SATW

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout, I love the pictures !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)