Friday 15 August 2014

A busy cropping day

I printed off some sketches etc then went to my cropping day today.( 3 layouts and 2 cards made.)
My first layout is based on this sketch for Sketch n scrap


I had a disaster with my 3rd photo so can't use it. I also used an oversized title, which fitted the theme of this layout well.

The camera ribbon and "that counts" were cut off by the scanner..Red and purple are a hard combination.I hope I succeeded.

Next is my card based on this sketch


As my card is square ,it looks slightly different.
The black section is blackboard sticker so it can be written on using a white pen.
This makes it versatile for whatever occasion you want.
My chipboard owls have been lightly chalked.


My next layout is for this sketch at Scrapping 365



 
I've used burlap on this to give it more depth. I also inked 3 MEMORY MAZE mushrooms to add colour to my corner.

14 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

Great work Julene! Looks like a productive day! I love the chalkboard square on your card and the lovely large title on your first layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

M said...

Great layouts and take on the card sketch! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Tammi said...

looks like you had a great day of scrapping! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!

Marie-Christine Denis Mixed Média said...

Lovely layout and card!!!
Thanks to joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such a fantastic and fun LO. Love those pics Julene! Thanks for playing along with us at
Sketch N Scrap!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love all your creations! Thank you for sharing with SNS!

Brandi Matos said...

Amazing job with all the sketch!!! Great work :-)

Thanks for joining us at SNS :-)

Kerry said...

Such a busy girl! Love all your creations and what a wonderful experience to ride in a helicopter! Thanks for playing along with the layout and card sketches at Sketch N Scrap. xx

Kelly said...

Wow! Fantastic job on all! Love the title in the first layout and what a great idea with the chalkboard paper on the card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Lisa said...

what a great idea to use chalkboard paper to make a universal card. you are really turning out the Canada layouts, aren't you! Good for you. I have yet to print out a single print from my NYC trip back in March!

Lydia said...

A layout and card! You were busy! Great job on both sketches.

Thank you for joining us at sketch n scrap.

Unknown said...

Terrific job on all three!! Thank you for joining us over at Sketch 'N' Scrap!

Wendy said...

Great work! I would say that you had a very productive and crafty kind of day! Way to go! Thanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap!

Darcy said...

How fun! Love the layouts and the card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch ~N~ Scrap!