Monday 3 February 2014

Ugly sweater layout. Challenge #1


I've used this sketch from "Let's get sketchy" to compose my layout for Counterfeit Kits.
The sketch was turned on its side.
We are asked to make a layout about an ugly sweater.


In my case it is an ugly vest that I knitted myself!
Back in the 1970s,the decade of ridiculous fashion, I knitted this sleeveless vest using wide stripes of gold/brown and green. I wore it with blouses or jumpers underneath and thought I looked pretty "groovy."
When I met my husband he had a vest knitted by his Mum in the same colour combination.

To me now the vest just looks wrong.
 
I used a Amy tangerine paper from American crafts as my background. The photo mat is the same paper in a different colour. Down the side I've used strips (offcuts) of co-ordinating papers.
For the splashes I used punched flowers.
I've taken a photo and uploaded instead of scanning.
It looks slightly wonky but it isn't.
Did you have an ugly sweater? We would love to see it on Counterfeit Kit challenge.

6 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

so not only were you inspired by your ugly sweater, but you also used the photo of it on your layout - precious! It is SO 70's. I'm sure we all wore stuff like that back then.

Great use of the vintage photo

LCSmithSAVED said...

Precious photo! Perfect for the challenge.

Chidkid said...

You speak for yourself Lisa! Lol
Brilliant LO inspired for something so 70's!

sassyscrapper said...

Wow...that is some sweater! What a great memory. Your product choices are perfect and I like that wood chevron paper used as your background. Thanks for sharing, Julene.

Annie Claxton said...

hehehe That's a classic and at the tiem I would have wanted one too! :o)