Monday 18 November 2013

Dream valley challenges and using tiny bits.

Counterfeit kits asks us to use tiny bits and pieces to end our Counterfeit Kits.
I've made 2 cards.
 The first one is for a new card site I discovered named Dream Valley Challenges.
The criteria is clean and simple.
 

I've used an 8x8 piece of paper with the teddy bear in the corner.
I cut a striped strip from the top and used it as a horizontal band under the sentiment.
******************************************************************************
The second card is layering of scraps
 Again it started as a piece of 8x8 paper.
*******************************************************************************
The 3rd card is for Christmas. It started with those 2 chipboard letters.
I looked and thought Merry Xmas.
Now my mother used to say that by saying Xmas,you cut Christ out of Christmas,but I'm sure she won't mind just this once.(I'll probably sell this card anyway!)

I covered the card in red/white tree paper & mounted the 2 letters on green card. I've used tiny lettering for the remainder of my words and added a Christmas tree embellishment as well.

5 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Fun what you can come up with when you scrounge the top of your worktable! Nice

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet cards, I have to say we had some conversations over the XMas for Christmas and if you look it up it does refer to the mark of Christ and your safe by using it.

Lisa said...

three great cards - nice way to show that they don't have to be complex to be lovely

cinmfoster said...

Great cards. The pre-image paper is hard for me to use. Never quite sure what to do with it, I'm keeping this mind for the future.
Cindy F

Macarena said...

So cute! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley!
Hugs, Macarena DT