Saturday 18 May 2013

Getting arty at Scrapfriends

The style of scrapping at Scrapfriends seems to be very arty with paint dribbles and layering.
The sketch this month called for that style. Here it is

my interpretation is about my daughter's artistic streak.
The screen in the photo lives in the corner of her sewing room. Next to it is her easel featuring one of her favourite paintings. On/over the screen are her artworks and a favourite shawl. The whole essence of the way she sees her world is there!
I started with Madame Boutique paper from Kaisecraft,then covered over 2 quadrants and misted with Tattered Angels Sugar maple.
Next, I matted the photo on purple and added the title below it using a mix of alphas.Keeping to the purple & black colour scheme I've added other elements such as heart rubons, printed black circles using paint, washi tape of a tape measure(sewing),journaling blocks, a black doiley and brads.
The white buckle shape is for contrast but also extends the pattern of the painting in the photo.
If you look at this layout ,please leave a comment.It has taken me several hours and it is nice to be acknowledged. Also don't forget to enter my blog giveaway before the end of May.

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

NICE job! Loving that bg paper & the elements you've got going over it - the circles & hearts look really, really good....thanks, as always, for joining us at Scrap Friends:):):)

the bodice ripper said...

You've been taking alot of photos of my house without my knowledge... Its a bit creepy.